This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Avon Breeze Bed and Breakfast
Avon Breeze is located in the village of Mudeford and is about two miles from the centre of Christchurch. Our bungalow was totally refurbished recently and is now a contemporary open plan home with two ground floor double bedrooms with en-suite shower rooms that are let to visitors. The wooden floors are level throughout. We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01425 279102, o7896 128026 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mudeford is a small seaside village with level pavements to the harbour side and the beach. There is a half hourly bus service from the entrance to Mudeford Quay and about 200 yards from the front of the bungalow. Christchurch railway station is about 3 miles away and has an accessible taxi service.
• We can be contacted by email at email@example.com. Telephone 01425 279102. The mobile phone number is 07896128026 for calls and text messages. The mobile phone can be called from 9 am to 9 pm 7 days a week.
• Website fonts can be enlarged, but colours can not be changed. The website is not W3Cs compliant.
• Wilts & Dorset Buses X1 and X2 and More bus111 operate to and from Mudeford serving Christchurch and Bournemouth to the west and Highcliffe and Lymington to the east. The buses depart from Mudeford every half hour. Telephone 01202 673555 ffi.
Air: 20mins by car from Bournemouth Airport)
• Taxis can be contacted on 01202 470000 and 01202 484848.
• Trains depart from Christchurch Station, Stour Road, Christchurch for London, Southampton, Brockenhurst (New Forest), Bournemouth and Poole. Telephone 0845 6000 650 ffi. Rail: 10mins taxi journey
• The town of Christchurch is 3 miles away and is accessible by car or bus. There are also seasonal ferry services to Mudeford Sand Bank and on to Christchurch
Car Parking and Arrival
The ample car park is close to the front door with a gravel surface. The drive is more suitable for some people with disabilities to exit/enter vehicles but cars cannot be left parked in the drive. There are security lights up to the front door and two steps up to it. The door and entrance is 28 inches/72cm wide. Assistance can be give to help with luggage.
The entrance hall is 42inches/107 cm wide and has wooden floor boards and a short pile rug. It is lit with a ceiling light. Guests are shown the dining area.
The two ground floor bedrooms have 29 inch/75 cm wide entrance doors and the chairs can be moved or removed on request. The bedrooms are not suitable for wheelchair use. The bed is 26inches/67cms high, the floorboards are stripped and varnished, and there are ceiling spot lights, bedside lights and a wall light. There is ample wardrobe and draw space.
The shower rooms have level access from the bedrooms through 26 inch/66cm wide oak doors, the tilled floor is grey and the walls and all sanitary ware are white as well as the towels. The WC has a seat height of 17 inches/43 cm and the basin with lever tap is 32 inches/81cm high. There are no grab rails or raisers for the WCs. There are ceiling spot lights.
Guests choose whether to eat in the garden room or on sunny mornings the garden. If eating in the garden room with two wall lights there is a threshold to step over from the wooden floor to smooth flooring. If eating in the garden access is through the garden room over a small step into the garden which is laid to lawn. The square glass tables have upright chairs and all the crockery is white. We are happy to cater for any special dietary needs upon request. There is a self service display of fruit juice, fruit, cereals and yoghurts on the sideboard and cooked food and drinks are served at the table.
- We regret that we are unable to accept assistance dogs.
- There is a mobility shop in Christchurch.
- Internet access is available free of charge.
- The nearest hospital is in Castle Lane Bournemouth where there is an outside hour’s doctor’s surgery.
- In the event of fire, evacuation is through the front or rear doors.
- Smoking is not allowed on the premises
- We can refrigerate prescription medication
Address: 21 Fulmar Road
Dorset BH23 4BJ
Telephone: 01425 279102
Contact Telephone and Email Address
We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve if you have any comments please phone 01425279102 or email firstname.lastname@example.org